Top 10 most influential trends and movements of the modern world from being aware of global warming to women's rights.
Pushing forward all the top 10 must have information just for you! Enjoy and subscribe!
5. Global Warming has, much to our discomfort, become an enormous part of our modern world. As society has advanced over the years, we have developed forms of technology such as automobiles, factories, and nuclear power that have the capacity to damage our world on an environmental level.The release of CO2 into the air has caused significant damage to the world's oceans and atmosphere. In some parts of the world, it is so bad that the ozone layer has had holes burnt right through it.
On the poles, massive melting is occurring, and scientists predict that within 15 years or so we will not have polar ice caps anymore. This has directly affected the sea level and is causing the oceans to rise. This will put almost all coastland around the world underwater. This is a problem for us directly because it will put major population centers such as New York and Los Angeles underwater.
Our environment should be protected and respected and the sooner we realize this, the better.
The Rise of the LGBTQ Community
4. For years the gay community has been trying to bring its head above water and get its word out to the people of the world. In modern times they have succeeded in this. The gay community is no longer known as just the gay community; it is known as the LGBTQ community, which stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Questioning. This community encompasses all of the groups it names and anyone else who feels excluded from the rest of the world. In the past ten years, their voices have been heard more than ever, and they have made significant strides in the laws of the world. For example, just a year ago, gay marriage was made legal in the united states as it rightly should be. Other such advancements have come from the community, and after hundred of years of discrimination and abuse, the LGBTQ community is finally making its way in the world and coming so much closer to the equality which they rightly seek.
Hip-Hop and Rap
3. Modern hip-hop culture started in the early 1980’s and since then has developed into one of the largest cultural phenomena to have ever existed. Hip-hop encompasses a few different elements of the culture which it describes. These elements are rap, breakdancing, and DJing. Rap has become a musical phenomenon where performers perform a type of rhyming poetic, rhythmic music of beats made from records by a disk jockey or from a few various other sources. Prominent artists in rap like Wu-Tang Clan, N.W.A., Eminem, and Run DMC have obtained international fame. While other rap artists like Jedi Mind Tricks, Necro, and Immortal Technique have large underground followings. Many controversies have revolved around rap and hip-hop since their inceptions. Regardless, hip-hop and rap stand as strong today as they ever did.
2. Body modification has become a very popular part of modern culture in first world countries in recent years. There are so many different ways that the body can be modified, but not all of them are recent developments. Various types of body modifications, including stretched skin, elongated necks, and tattoos, have been around almost as long as the human race has been around. The more recent developments in the area of body modifications include things like the corset piercing and the tattooed eyes. Regardless of what type of modification it is, though, these changes to a person's body are used by that person to express themselves. Body art and modification are some of the primary forms of self-expression in our world today.
1. Globalization started with the birth of the telephone in 1898. Globalization is the concept of interconnectedness between all of the major nations of the world. A long time ago America could not communicate with foreign countries so easily or so quickly.
However, with the development of mobile technology, the various people of the world have been joined. This has led to rapid advancement such as our quickly increasing level of technology, but it has also caused accelerated damage to the world. The rapidly growing and intermixing population of humans has spread to every corner of the world and that many people need a lot of resources. Our harvesting of those resources has led to significant damage to our planet. Globalization has changed the world for better and for worse at the same time and only with cautious progress can we come out of this on the right side. The side where we can live with our world in harmony and advance peacefully.