Here's Lesson Three in our 'Style Personality Video Series'!
Subscribe for our emails at www.stylecoachinginstitute.com and receive more free videos, lessons and articles, exercises, and more... Delivered straight to your inbox :)
** Online Style Coach™ Diploma Courses also available worldwide! **
One of the key aims of a Style Coach™, Image Consultant or Personal Stylist is to help people become more confident and self-assured when styling themselves; whether this is shopping for new items to add to their existing wardrobe, bringing outfits together for a particular occasion, mixing and matching accessories, or experimenting with new colours.
When you become a certified Style Coach™, you'll learn to help clients use their outer appearance as a form of self-expression - a way to illustrate who they really are on the inside and share this with the people around them. Our choice of clothing and accessories speaks volumes about us, and our appearance makes a first (and long-lasting) impression!
Many people look to the media to find out what they should wear this season, and often they try to replicate someone else’s look. While it is fun to find inspiration from various different sources, it is also important to understand that for our clothing choices to work best, they need to be in harmony with our own ‘Style Personality’, not someone else’s!
Once you gain an awareness of the attributes of your Style Personality, you will find that ‘effortless style’ really does start to come more naturally! You will be able to mix and match with ease, and getting dressed will become an enjoyable and creative experience, everyday! Good knowledge of your Style Personality will pave the way for you to project the image you want, and to feel comfortable in your own skin, whatever the occasion!
The 5 Style Personalities…
Although most people fall into one of five general ‘Style Personalities’, that’s not to say that they can’t play with other styles or that their Style Personality is unable to change.
You might find that you are able to identify which Style Personality you at this point in time, but you may also recognise that you have been a different ‘Style Personality’ at another stage in your life.
You may even recognise that you flow between two or more Style Personalities, depending on your mood, and perhaps between work and leisure.
The 5 main ‘Style Personality’ groups are…
When making wardrobe choices, it can help to have a picture in your mind of a person whose style you admire, or who epitomises the general style you would like to achieve.
To clarify, this doesn’t mean to say that you would wish to replicate anyone else’s look exactly (because this doesn’t embrace your own individuality)! Instead, look to stylish role models as a source of inspiration, but then aim to bring your outfits together with your own unique twists, touches and personal preferences!
** IN THIS VIDEO **
The Classic Style Personality:
- You like to wear suits and twin-sets
- You prefer smart trousers to jeans
- You don’t follow fashion, but prefer a timeless look
- You like to appear well turned-out but not over-dressed
- You avoid too many colours in one outfit
- You prefer classic colour combinations
- You would prefer to buy quality over quantity
- You shop in a few trusted shops
- You like to tuck shirts in and wear quality belts
- You like light wools, fine cottons and silks
- You wear classic shoe styles such as the court or penny loafer
- You have a timeless hairstyle that you rarely change
- If you dye your hair, it is close to its natural colour
- You consider your style elegant, mature and refined
- Your style is smart, understated and doesn’t attract too much attention
- You prefer soft folds and straight lines
- You like tailored styles - nothing too baggy or loose
- You prefer straight or pencil skirts to full or pleated
- You have a safe and predictable makeup routine
- Your look is always sophisticated and easily coordinated
- Your jewellery is classic and of fine quality
Have you been thinking about becoming a personal stylist? Here at the Style Coaching Institute®, we don’t offer ordinary image consultant training. Instead, our personal stylist courses teach you a uniquely holistic approach that combines image and beauty training with powerful life coach training and personal branding that transforms people from the inside out. If you have a passion for style and beauty, but you also believe that people are so much more than a reflection in the mirror, then why not consider a career in Style Coaching™ and become a personal stylist with a difference?
Details can be found at our website: www.stylecoachinginstitute.com