(26 Jul 2010) SHOTLIST
music on catwalks not cleared for use. replace with your own clearable music
FILE: Lahore - 19th March 2010
1. Various models on runway at Lahore Fashion Week
Lahore - 11th May 2010
2. Various model being photographed for Libas International fashion shoot
3. Mid shot photographer and assistant looking at photos on camera
4. Close up pictures on camera LCD screen
5. SOUNDBITE (Urdu) Rizwan Baig, Libas fashion photographer
"The difficult part I think is the lighting. What you need to do is to ensure that the girl looks good whether she is light skinned or dark skinned, that her face looks nice and that you can see the clothes properly. That's the most difficult part. If you have flat light there's no issue, I mean everything looks fine you and can relax. But yes, the most difficult thing is the lighting."
6. Tilt up model
Lahore - 19th May 2010
7. Set up shot Khadija Malik, freelance journalist for Libas International magazine, arriving at Zara Shajahan, fashion designer's studio
8. Mid shot fashion designer and journalist discussing new collection. UPSOUND (English): "This is something that you can wear to something like a wedding, or something like this."
9. Wide shot fashion designer's new collection
10. Tilt down heavily embroided designer wedding outfit
11. Tilt down of gold stitched embroidery
12. Wide shot journalist and designer
13. Pan from journalist to designer UPSOUND (English): "We're doing much better than when having to take personal orders. Personal orders are... you have to work really hard at it."
14. Mid shot of journalist. UPSOUND (English): "And that's what I did a year back. And then suddenly, everything picked up.This business picked up."
15. SOUNDBITE (English) Khadija Malik, Libas International journalist:
"I've been freelancing for Libas for about six years now. That's something which writers over here especially fashion journalists in Pakistan like to do. It allows a lot more flexibility and it also allows a writer to remain free to indulge in other forms of writing. For instance, this morning for Zara Shajahan's interview, I was given a call and asked to come and do this and it usually works like that, it's very straight forward. You come in interview, send them the article and then the editorial board takes over."
Lahore - 2nd June 2010
16. Wide shot Editor, Layout Designer and Marketing Officer discuss the dummy issue. UPSOUND (English): "Ok now it's finished, we can send it to... (man interrupts) you want to go through once again? (woman) No, I think it's done, I think it's done..."
17. Mid shot Marketing Officer turning pages of dummy issue
18. Mid shot, Marketing Officer arranging dummy issue of Libas magazine
19. Pan of magazine pages
20. Set up shot Mehwash Amin, Editor of Libas International Magazine
21. SOUNDBITE (English) Mehwash Amin, Editor of Libas International Magazine:
"The fashion industry I feel will continue to thrive despite terrorism, despite violence and the increasing violence we are seeing these days because basically, Pakistani women are very fashion conscious, they're very stylish in Lahore, in Faisalabad, in Karachi, and elsewhere and there's a huge market for fashion for bridal wear for pret wear for all kinds of garments. And as long as that demand is there, this industry is going to grow."
22. Close up of final Libas magazine
23. Mid shot of Libas magazine
Pakistan's fashion industry is booming despite sporadic violence in the country.
Libas International, Pakistan's biggest fashion magazine, is at the centre of the vibrant industry.
Pakistan may be a regular feature in the international press, but probably not for its fashion industry.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/21c22a6955f93eb81681d054acf7f523
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork