INSTRUCTIONS + PERK CHARTS + DETAILS
Second episode of Skyrim Builds! Expect more as we near Skyrim Remastered (or Special Edition, whatever the heck people are calling it xD)
I do not own any of the games, soundtracks, pictures, etc. depicted in this video. All rights go to Bethesda and their respective owners.
DISCLAIMER: Bear in mind this is just a guide, and you should play this character how YOU want to. Feel free to tweak the perks, spells, etc :)
TITLE: The Illusionist.
DESCRIPTION: Assassin build that uses muffle + invisibility to execute dagger and bow sneak attacks for devastating damage. Also gives a near 100% magic resistance, which makes defeating dragons, dragon priests, etc easy!
SKILLS: Major skills (roughly in order of priority) are Illusion, Sneak, Archery, Smithing, Enchanting, One Handed, Light Armor. You also need 2 stages of the Magic Resistance in Alteration.
ILLUSION - Essential: Novice Illusion, Apprentice Illusion, Adept Illusion, Expert Illusion, Illusion Dual Casting, Animage, Kindred Mage, Quiet Casting. Recommended: ALL perks.
SNEAK - Essential: 1 Stage of Stealth, Backstab, Deadly Aim, Assassin’s Blade.
ARCHERY - Essential: 5 Stages of Overdraw, Eagle Eye, 2 Stages of Steady Hand, Power Shot, Quick Shot, Bullseye.
SMITHING (Dawnguard) - Essential: Steel Smithing, Elven Smithing, Advanced Armors, Glass Smithing, Dragon Smithing.
SMITHING (No Dawnguard) - Essential: Steel Smithing, Dwarven Smithing, Orcish Smithing, Ebony Smithing, Daedric Smithing, Dragon Armor.
ENCHANTING - Essential: 5 Stages of Enchanter, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect.
ONE HANDED - Essential: 5 Stages of Armsman.
LIGHT ARMOR - Essential: 5 Stages of Agile Defender, Custom Fit, Matching Set, Deft Movement. Recommended: Unhindered.
1. Invisibility - Essential. Sold by Drevis Neloren (College of Winterhold) after you reach 65 illusion or found randomly.
2. Muffle - Essential. Sold by Farengar (Dragonsreach) at any time, and by Drevis Neloren after you reach 25 illusion.
3. Harmony - Optional. It takes a while to charge up, so use the Become Ethereal shout while you cast it. Acquired via the Illusion Ritual Spell Quest at the College of Winterhold after you reach 100 illusion.
4. Mayhem - Optional. Takes a while to charge up, so use Become Ethereal while you cast it. Acquired via the Illusion Ritual Spell Quest.
5. Pacify - Optional. Some argue (and not without reason) that it is better than harmony when DUAL CASTED. I personally find pacify to be useful for a single or small number of enemies and harmony (with Become Ethereal) to be more useful for a large group. Sold by Drevis Neloren after you reach 65 illusion.
6. Frenzy - Optional. Adept level illusion spell that causes enemies to fight each other. Some argue it is better than mayhem, but my stance on it is the same as with pacify. Sold by Drevis Neloren.
100% MAGIC RESISTANCE
1. Choose the Breton (+25%).
2. Choose the Lord Stone as your Standing Stone (+25%). Located here: https://goo.gl/YVbVDm
3. Complete Book of Love quest (+15%). Details here: https://goo.gl/bmQKbl
4. Pick up 2 stages of the Magic Resistance perk in Alteration (+20% total).
5. Using Extra Effect, enchant your boots with a 12.5% or higher resist fire and resist frost enchantment. Then Extra Effect enchant your necklace with a 12.5% resist shock enchantment.
You now have a 97.5% resistance to all magic, which is the true cap.
1) INSANE SKYRIM THEORY - An Elder Scrolls Secret You May Not Know! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8n_4-vi0Q
2) 5 Elder Scrolls Facts That Will BLOW YOUR MIND! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-7RNyqefM
3) The Elder Scrolls VI: SUMMERSET ISLES | (Top 5 TES 6 Locations - #1). Recent episode of my top locations for Elder Scrolls 6! Provinces considered include Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood, Summerset Isles, and other settings like Akavir. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvyhM4UBeY
4) Check out my Elder Scrolls Lore series on AKAVIR! Playlist Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q1p5n9bECk
5) Check out my Elder Scrolls Lore series on OBLIVION! Playlist Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFCdd4jQaIhP5BfH8YwpxpnFSF-HydSmq
ART CREDITS: Coming soon; had to go to class in middle of making list :(
First Track - Ominous Voice: https://goo.gl/SO9HPG
Second Track - Redtails: https://goo.gl/Ke0KIe
Third Track - Paramedics: https://goo.gl/DGcNqY
Fourth Track - Scott Buckley: https://goo.gl/c4uzw1