Silent Hill Downpour walkthrough with all side quests, endings, locations of the key items and mysteries (Normal)
= Episode 28: Digging Up The Past & Surprise Ending =
I revisit Silent Hill for the second time and start digging up the strange artifacts. What are they, and what will they show me in the end...?
= "Digging up the Past" Sidequest =
On your second playthrough, the secret sidequest "Digging up the Past" becomes available. You must locate seven dig sites marked with lit candles and dig up the artifacts with a shovel.
(Reward: Ending E (Surprise!), "Useless Trinkets" Trophy and "Carol" in the Gallery)
= Artifacts =
For people who are not familiar with the previous Silent Hill games, I jot down the description of each item:
1. Radio - It's the same Radio from Silent Hill 3, which emits static when monsters are nearby. After appearing as the Portable Radio in Silent Hill, a radio (or an equivalent device such as a walkie-talkie or a phone) has become the gadget you find in every game.
2. Alien Toy - It's a homage to the Silent Hill UFO ending where Harry Mason gets abducted by the aliens. Since then, the UFO ending became available in most of the Silent Hill games.
3. Hyper Blaster - After unlocking the UFO ending in the original Silent Hill, Harry Mason will obtain the Hyper Blaster. It's an ultimate weapon with infinite ammo and auto-aiming.
4. UFO - A toy version of the UFO, homage to the UFO Ending.
5. Circle Emblem - It's the Seal of Metatron (aka Talisman or Virun VII Crest) which appears in Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3.
6. Robbie - It first appeared in Silent Hill 3 as a mascot for the Amusement Park. In Silent Hill 4 and Homecoming, Robbie appears as the doll.
7. Aglaphotis - It has the ability to exorcise demonic power. It first appeared in Silent Hill as the "unknown" liquid, aka the viral of Aglaphotis. In Silent Hill 3, it appears as a red capsule worn by Heather Mason.
= Ending E: Surprise! =
It's a secret joke ending, equivalent to the UFO endings. You'll get this ending once you complete "Digging up the Past" quest, no matter how you play or what choice you make.
Here, Murphy is treated with a surprise party after digging a tunnel all the way to an execution chamber. So who are invited to the party?
- Laura (Silent Hill 2)
- Anne Marie Cunningham (Downpour)
- James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)
- Officer Sewell (Downpour)
- Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
- DJ Ricks (Downpour)
- Two Nurses (Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4, Homecoming)
- Charlie Pendleton or the orphan boy (Downpour)
- Officer Frank Coleridge (Downpour)
- Mary Shepherd-Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)
… and Pyramid Head!
☆ Silent Hill Homecoming Walkthrough (100%) - Complete Guide
Subscribe to my channel: http://bit.ly/1m0igWw